Firebrand helps brands inspire their audiences to take action. We work with tech companies to urge their prospects to become customers, and then references. We encourage candidates to become employees and evangelists. We spur audiences to move up the advocacy ladder – you get the picture. We do this through integrated communications, great storytelling and neuromarketing.
We’re a new agency staffed by experienced marketers. We work with startups and are still one ourselves. We’re just putting together our initial team, so don’t expect all the ‘Big PR’ bells and whistles. You can expect an entrepreneurial culture, to work directly with a senior team, to be strategic and hands-on, and to help build a fantastic firm. We have no politics, no bureaucracy, heck even no office at the moment.
What we do have is a focus on great work, high levels of client service and expanding our skills. Communications and marketing are changing rapidly, and we intend to drive that evolution.
About the role
We’re looking for a public relations account manager (supervisor) with robust client management and content creation skills, ideally with a focus on B2B. You’ll input to strategy and be responsible for campaign implementation, which will include other marketing disciplines such as direct marketing.
The role is part of a senior marketing team well-versed in PR and digital – but you’ll be an expert at client and team management. That’s not to say you won’t also be required to pitch the media or write content – you will! Other members of the team will include marketing strategists, content developers and media/influencer relations specialists. We’re not split into a classic agency structure with account management or creatives. Everyone works directly with our clients and well… we’re all creative.
We expect you to have a firm grasp of running a successful and growing PR program. This will include media relations, influencer relations, the events program, speaker and awards, organic social channel management. Of course, this must all operate efficiently, within budget and be measured and evaluated according to industry best practice.
- Client management – works directly with clients on a daily basis advising on strategy, implementation, status and performance of public relations programs
- Media relations – building relationships with and pitching relevant media (tech, business, trade, vertical both online and broadcast), newsjacking and rapid response
- Influencer relations – research and outreach to relevant influencers, including industry analysts, academics and thought leaders
- Content creation – research and creation of content, largely consisting of press announcements, blog posts, gated content, web copy and thought leadership material
- Social media – organic social media implementation of campaigns, primarily focused on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Agency – involved in new business prospecting and pitching; team management and collaboration; developing methodologies; Firebrand ambassador.
- 5-8 years’ relevant PR experience, ideally in an agency
- Solid academic track record at least to Bachelor degree level
- Deep tech sector domain expertise, including working with startups
- Entrepreneurial with good business savvy
- Good presentation skills in front of C-level execs
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Not a jerk, egomaniac, or political animal
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things
- The position is based in San Francisco, California.
To apply please email your resume to us a [email protected] with the header ‘PR AM’ in the title and a link to your LinkedIn profile in the body copy. Please only apply if you meet the requirements – time is valuable at a startup. No phone calls or agencies please at this stage. We’ll be in touch with the strongest candidates. Good luck!