[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_empty_space height=”75px”][vc_column_text]
PUBLIC RELATIONS SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Firebrand is a boutique technology communications agency staffed by experienced marketers. We work with a roster of hand-picked B2B startups which are leaders in their field and backed by prominent VCs including a16z, GV, In-Q-Tel, Lightspeed Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and NEA.
You can expect an entrepreneurial culture, to work directly with a senior team, to be hands-on implementing integrated campaigns, and to help build a fantastic agency. We have no politics and no bureaucracy.
What we do have is a focus on great work, high levels of client service and expanding our skills. Communications and marketing are changing rapidly, and we intend to drive that evolution.
Our clients are technology startups – primarily with complex propositions which need clear positioning and messaging. At present, clients are in analytics, agile development, cloud infrastructure, virtual reality, enterprise messaging and legal tech.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
About the role
We’re looking for a public relations senior account executive with robust client management and media relations skills, ideally with a focus on B2B. You’ll drive media strategy and be responsible for campaign implementation. Most of our campaigns are integrated across PR, social media, demand gen and digital marketing so you’ll get plenty of exposure to other disciplines.
The role is part of a senior marketing team well-versed in PR and digital — but you’ll be an expert at media relations. That’s not to say you won’t also be required to manage the program or write content — you will! Other members of the team will include marketing strategists, content developers and demand gen specialists. We’re not split into a classic agency structure with account management or creatives. Everyone works directly with our clients and well… we’re all creative.
We expect you to have a firm grasp of running a successful and growing PR program. This will include media relations, influencer relations, the events program, speaker and awards, organic social channel management. Of course, this must all operate efficiently, within budget and be measured and evaluated according to industry best practice.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
- Media relations — building relationships with and pitching relevant media (tech, business, trade, vertical both online and broadcast), newsjacking and rapid response
- Client management — works directly with clients on a daily basis advising on strategy, implementation, status and performance of public relations programs
- Influencer relations — research and outreach to relevant influencers, including industry analysts, academics and thought leaders
- Content creation — research and creation of content, largely consisting of press announcements, blog posts, gated content, web copy and thought leadership material
- Social media — organic social media implementation of campaigns, primarily focused on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Agency — involved in new business prospecting and pitching; team management and collaboration; developing methodologies; Firebrand ambassador.
- 4-6 years’ relevant PR experience, ideally in an agency
- Solid academic track record at least to Bachelor degree level
- Deep tech sector domain expertise, including working with startups
- Entrepreneurial with good business savvy
- Good presentation skills in front of C-level execs
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things
To apply please email your resume to us a [email protected] with the header ‘PR SAE’ in the title and a link to your LinkedIn profile in the body copy. Please only apply if you meet the requirements – time is valuable at an agency. No phone calls or agencies please at this stage. We’ll be in touch with the strongest candidates. Good luck![/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]