[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_empty_space height=”75px”][vc_column_text]
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR
Firebrand is a boutique technology communications agency staffed by experienced marketers. We work with a roster of hand-picked startups which are leaders in their field and backed by prominent VCs including a16z, Bain Capital Ventures, GV, In-Q-Tel, Microsoft Ventures, and NEA.
You can expect an entrepreneurial culture, to work directly with a senior team, to be strategic and hands-on, and to help build a fantastic firm. We have no politics, no bureaucracy, efficient systems and a supportive approach. We focus on great work, high levels of client service and expanding our skills. Communications and marketing are changing rapidly, and we intend to drive that evolution. [/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
About the role
We’re looking for a public relations account supervisor with strong media relations skills, and a focus on the B2B technology sector. The ideal candidate will have good media relationships, understand the news cycle and have deep domain expertise in the tech sector.
The role is part of a senior marketing team well-versed in PR and digital marketing. This position will be responsible for media strategy, creating timely news pitches and media outreach. Understanding the business and tech trade media, technology trends and how clients fit into them is vital.
Other members of the team will include marketing strategists, content developers, digital marketing experts and influencer relations specialists. We expect you to have a firm grasp of running a successful and growing PR program. This will include media relations, influencer relations, the events program, speaker and awards, organic social channel management. Of course, this must all operate efficiently, within budget and be measured and evaluated according to industry best practice.
Firebrand works with a roster of hot technology startups – primarily with complex propositions which need clear positioning and messaging. At present, clients are either ‘deep tech’ – data analytics, AI, networking, virtualization, agile development and application delivery – or ‘future tech’ – biometrics, 3D virtual worlds, and neuroinformatics.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
- Client management — works directly with clients on a daily basis advising on strategy, implementation, status and performance of public relations programs
- Media relations — building relationships with and pitching relevant media (tech, business, trade, vertical both online and broadcast), newsjacking and rapid response
- Influencer relations — research and outreach to relevant influencers, including industry analysts, academics and thought leaders
- Content creation — research and creation of content, largely consisting of press announcements, blog posts, gated content, web copy and thought leadership material
- Social media — organic social media implementation of campaigns, primarily focused on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Agency — involved in new business prospecting and pitching; team management and collaboration; developing methodologies; Firebrand ambassador.
- 5-8 years’ relevant PR experience, ideally in an agency
- Solid academic track record at least to Bachelor degree level
- Deep tech sector domain expertise, including working with startups
- Entrepreneurial with good business savvy
- Good presentation skills in front of C-level execs
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things
To apply please email your resume to us a [email protected] with the header ‘PR AS’ in the title and a link to your LinkedIn profile in the body copy. Please only apply if you meet the requirements – time is valuable at a startup. No phone calls or agencies please at this stage. We’ll be in touch with the strongest candidates. Good luck![/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]