Firebrand helps brands inspire their audiences to take action. We work with tech companies to urge their prospects to become customers, and then references. We encourage candidates to become employees and evangelists. We spur other audiences to move up the advocacy ladder – you get the picture. We do this through integrated communications, great storytelling and neuromarketing. Yes science!
We’re a new agency staffed by experienced marketers. We work with startups and are still one ourselves. We’re just putting together our initial team, so don’t expect all the Big PR bells and whistles. You can expect an entrepreneurial culture, to work directly with a senior team, to be strategic and hands-on, and to help build a fantastic firm. We have no politics, no bureaucracy, heck even no office at the moment (don’t worry – that’s temporary).
What we do have is a focus on great work, high levels of client service and expanding our skills. Communications and marketing are changing rapidly, and we intend to drive that evolution.
About the role
We’re looking for a digital marketer with a broad set of skills from demand gen to social media, ideally with a focus on B2B. You’ll set inbound and outbound digital strategy, recommend best-practice, and give advice on tools and platforms. But you’ll also roll up your sleeves on implementation – creating content, managing channels, leading evaluation and measurement.
The role is part of a marketing team well-versed in digital – but you’ll be the guardian of the latest best-practice. Other members of the team will include marketing strategists, content developers and media/influencer relations specialists. We’re not split into a classic agency structure with account management or creatives. Everyone works directly with our clients and well… we’re all creative.
We expect you to have a firm grasp of organic and paid digital marketing programs. These will include outbound marketing from list building and cold email to lead nurturing, as well as demand and lead gen tactics, such as webinars and newsletters. You’ll have run paid social (primarily LinkedIn and Twitter) and paid search campaigns, as well as other advertising programs.
- Client management – works directly with clients on a daily basis advising on strategy, implementation, status and performance of digital marketing programs
- Demand gen – planning and implementing demand and lead generation programs including email marketing and content marketing (webinars, slidedecks, gated content)
- Digital advertising – primarily focused around paid search and paid social advertising programs, but also brand and performance desktop and mobile advertising
- Social media – organic and paid social media marketing strategy, planning and implementation of campaigns, primarily focused on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Agency – involved in new business prospecting and pitching; team management and collaboration; developing methodologies; Firebrand ambassador.
- 5-8 years’ relevant digital marketing experience, ideally including an agency
- Solid academic track record at least to Bachelor degree level
- Deep tech sector domain expertise, including working with startups
- Entrepreneurial with good business savvy
- Good presentation skills in front of C-level execs
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Not a jerk, egomaniac, or political animal
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things
To apply please email your resume to us a [email protected] with the header ‘DMM’ in the title and a link to your LinkedIn profile in the body copy. Please only apply if you meet the requirements – time is valuable at a startup. No phone calls or agencies please at this stage. We’ll be in touch with the strongest candidates. Good luck!