[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_empty_space height=”75px”][vc_column_text]
Firebrand is a new communications agency staffed by experienced marketers. We work with startups and are still one ourselves. We’re putting together our initial team, and have already signed a strong roster of hot private tech companies. You can expect an entrepreneurial culture, to work directly with a senior team, to be strategic and hands-on, and to help build a fantastic agency. We have no politics and no bureaucracy.
What we do have is a focus on great work, high levels of client service and expanding our skills. Communications and marketing are changing rapidly, and we intend to drive that evolution.
Our clients are technology startups – primarily with complex propositions which need clear positioning and messaging. At present, clients are in big data, analytics, virtualization, agile development, biometrics and legal tech.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
About the role
We’re looking for a copywriter with deep domain expertise in the tech sector. The ideal candidate will be familiar with technical writing, understand IT trends and be able to fit a company message into topical issues.
The role is part of a senior marketing team well-versed in PR and digital marketing. This position will be responsible for copywriting and editing PR, marketing, web, social media and digital marketing content. Specifically this could involve client blog posts, opinion pieces, bylines and whitepapers as well as email marketing copy, social media posts and other marketing collateral. You’ll be part of the client team, tasked with coming up with ideas to make our clients relevant to their target audiences.
Other members of the team will include marketing strategists, PR consultants, digital marketing experts and influencer relations specialists.
We expect you to have a firm grasp of content marketing, an ability to write quickly, clearly and accurately, to be able to juggle multiple projects to deadlines and be comfortable writing in a variety of styles from deeply technical whitepapers to humorous blog posts. You’ll be working with former reporters, linguists and wordsmiths with an appreciation for good clean copy.
Note – while Firebrand does run advertising programs, we are not looking specifically for an ad copywriter.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
- Copywriting – drafting material including blog posts, opeds, whitepapers, guides, direct mail, web copy and social media posts
- Editing – sharpening and refining the content produced by the team to maintain high standards of output
- Research – researching proof points and topical angles to ensure copy is relevant, accurate and engaging
- Client management – working directly with clients on a daily basis advising on content, copy and material creation
- Agency – involved in new business prospecting and pitching; content for our own blog and collateral; Firebrand ambassador.
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience, ideally in an agency or technical publication
- Solid academic track record at least to Bachelor degree level
- Deep tech sector domain expertise, including working with startups
- Entrepreneurial with good business savvy
- Good presentation skills in front of C-level execs
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things
The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
To apply please email your resume to us a [email protected] with the header ‘Copywriter’ in the title and a link to your LinkedIn profile in the body copy. Please only apply if you meet the requirements – time is valuable at a startup. No phone calls or agencies please at this stage. We’ll be in touch with the strongest candidates. Good luck![/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]