Download A Startup’s Guide to Attribution. Learn how to track the performance of each of your marketing channels and see how they influence lead conversion.
Sam Whitmore is the founder and editor of Sam Whitmore’s Media Survey, providing tech media analysis and consulting to tech PR pros and media buyers.
Whitmore is a frequent public speaker and often is interviewed regarding tech media and tech PR trends. Whitmore spent 14 years at Ziff-Davis Publishing, and 12 years at PC Week as a reporter, editor, columnist, and editor-in-chief. He later served as a company vice president in business development and served as an on-camera reporter for Ziff-Davis Television (ZDTV) before leaving to launch Sam Whitmore’s Media Survey in April 1998.
Sam, Morgan, and Chris discuss:
- Patterns in the PR industry that often repeat themselves over the years.
- The biggest things PR professionals don’t understand about the reporters they’re trying to reach.
- Publications that brands and PR should be paying more attention to.
- Common questions PR agencies are seeking answers to in consulting.
- Thought leadership’s role in PR and media.
- The ongoing importance of storytelling in media and marketing.
Thank you for listening! Tune in to all the episodes for practical tips on crushing your startup marketing goals. Don’t forget to follow, rate, and review the podcast, and tell us your key takeaways!